So last night rolled around, and my stomach got the idea in it’s …well… gut and wanted cookies. We didn’t have any cookies. And it wasn’t happy. Grumble Grumble Grumble BUT WAIT!!! Flour? Check. Sugar? Check. Butter? Check. Chips? Check and Check. Look at the clock – 9:11pm. Think to my self “if we’re going to do this, then we gotta do this now.”
9:25 – the cookie batter is mix. 9:47 – the cookies come out of the oven. 9:48 – my stomach is a very happy stomach.
Have I teased you long enough? I haven’t even shown you pictures? You don’t even know what kind they are! Well – the pictures are coming but as for the cookies… they’re *drum roll please* CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP cookies, and my my they are tasty.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package of chocolate and peanut butter chips (trust me – they’re at wally world)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cream butter and sugar together. Then add vanilla, pudding mix, and one egg at a time then mix till well blended.
- In another bowl combine the flour and baking soda together. Slowly add the dry mixture with the other until all is mixed – just make sure to NOT over mix. (Otherwise you’ll get tough cookies.) Lastly, fold in the chips – don’t eat them all.
- Spray some handy dandy Bakers Joy on your baking pans (of which you’ll need 3, cause it’s easier that way), then take a tablespoon melon scooper, and place 12 on each pan.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes (but I’d check at 18 just to make sure – everyone’s oven is a bit different)
- Take them out and leave them on the cookie sheet to cool for 5-10 minutes – but I recommend grabbing one to make sure they came out alright… 😉
- Pour yourself a big glass of milk.
- Grab a cookie.
- Put the cookie in your mouth, masticate that baby!