That doesn’t have any innuendo included with it at all. 😀
Anyways – more party food, shall we? This dinner is fairly easy to prepare in advance and is super tasty. It’ll have your friends begging for more. Mind you, this will feed a crowd of about 10-15 people. And the wonderful thing about this is – it will taste like you’re a chef from the fancy restaurants of NYC…
So what you’ll need:
- 6-7 lbs of bone-in pork shoulder/roast thing.
- 2 apples
- 6 cups of Apple Cider
- 2 cups of balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsps of Onion powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
- Salt and Pepper
- Stick of butter
- Olive oil for the pan.
- Pre-heat your oven – or roaster – to 375F. Make sure that all your pork is thawed, otherwise it will take longer to cook. Also – you want to cook it at 375F for 50 minutes for EACH POUND of tasty white meat. I cooked this in a big roaster that I borrowed from my father – he has wonderful kitchen gadgets that I borrow from time to time. While it’s warming up coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil and set your pork roast in there – with the majority of fat facing up.
- Thinly slice your apples – or just use an awesome apple corer/peeler – and set aside, for now.
- Cut up your stick of butter into tablespoon chunks.
- Pour the apple cider, balsamic vinegar, and spices over your roast – then top with apples and butter.
- Cover and let that baby roast for 7 hours and stick a meat thermometer in there to make sure it’s properly cooked (165F internal temperature)
- It should be tender enough to just pull the bone out with a fork, and mix the remainder of meat in with the remaining sauce/apples.
- Serve and masticate that meat like you’re a starving ravenous animal. Or don’t. 😉