So last night rolled around, and my stomach got the idea in it’s …well… gut and wanted cookies. We didn’t have any cookies. And it wasn’t happy. Grumble Grumble Grumble BUT WAIT!!! Flour? Check. Sugar? Check. Butter? Check. Chips? Check and Check. Look at the clock – 9:11pm. Think to my self “if we’re going to do this, then we gotta do this now.”
9:25 – the cookie batter is mix. 9:47 – the cookies come out of the oven. 9:48 – my stomach is a very happy stomach.
Have I teased you long enough? I haven’t even shown you pictures? You don’t even know what kind they are! Well – the pictures are coming but as for the cookies… they’re *drum roll please* CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP cookies, and my my they are tasty.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package of chocolate and peanut butter chips (trust me – they’re at wally world)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cream butter and sugar together. Then add vanilla, pudding mix, and one egg at a time then mix till well blended.
- In another bowl combine the flour and baking soda together. Slowly add the dry mixture with the other until all is mixed – just make sure to NOT over mix. (Otherwise you’ll get tough cookies.) Lastly, fold in the chips – don’t eat them all.
- Spray some handy dandy Bakers Joy on your baking pans (of which you’ll need 3, cause it’s easier that way), then take a tablespoon melon scooper, and place 12 on each pan.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes (but I’d check at 18 just to make sure – everyone’s oven is a bit different)
- Take them out and leave them on the cookie sheet to cool for 5-10 minutes – but I recommend grabbing one to make sure they came out alright… 😉
- Pour yourself a big glass of milk.
- Grab a cookie.
- Put the cookie in your mouth, masticate that baby!
Yes, that’s right ladies an’ gents, ONLY 6 INGREDIENTS for these easy goodies. Some may call them “Hello Dolly” Bars – but since The Living “Grand Teton” Lady herself is not sponsoring me – let’s just call them “Yum Bars.” And yes – I did get this idea from the Butter Queen herself (aka Paula Dean – and no I’m not knocking her – I just call it how it is.) on The Network, Tuesday morning before work. Figured it looked good – and after the day that I had today [read here if you’re curious] I needed to bake. /raises hand because she is most definitely a ‘stress baker.’
So here we go – the easy, no fuss, no mess, only 6 ingredients “Yum-Bars”
- 1 cup of butterscotch chips
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 2 cups of crushed graham crackers
- 1.5 cups of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of butter (for all you Butter Queen fans out there)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grab out a 9×11 cake pan (line it with aluminum foil)
- combine the melted butter and the graham cracker crumbs together until you have a nice ‘dough’ – take the dough and flatten it out along the bottom of the cake pan.
- sprinkle the butterscotch chips over that, then follow with the chocolate chips, and last the coconut flakes.
- drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the pan so that every bit of it is gone and the majority of the pan is covered in the sweet milky goodness.
- pop that baby in the oven for 30 minutes
- let cool for 5, then cut and serve warm. Also – they’re good on the reheat too!
See that wasn’t so hard was it? That’s what I thought.
And now – foodporn