Last night Katsai and I had the house to ourselves for a change!!! Let me just say, it was heaven!
In light of such a momentous occasion, I decided to make a very special dinner just for the two of us. Two words “Asiago” and “Parmesian!” Do I have your attention now? For further detail as to how awesome this alfredo is – it also has browned butter, champagne, and awesomeness.
Enough teasing? Ok, I guess I should give you the recipe. Apologies in advance since I forgot to take pictures – again. Must get better about that. Anyways, where was I? Oh yes.
- 12 oz of cream cheese (dont’ judge me)
- 1/2 pint of heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of FRESH shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup of FRESH shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1.5 tbsps of lemon zest
- 1+ cups of champagne (for thinning the sauce if desired)
- 2 tbsps of white pepper
- 1 lbs of of linguine (cooked)
- Boil water, season the water, add pasta, cook, and drain (can be done while cooking the rest of the sauce).
- Get a medium sized sauce pan and toss the butter in it. Then you wait for it to brown, mmmmm browned butter.
- Throw in some champagne to de-glaze the the pan and get up all the brown bits from the pan.
- Add the heavy cream – and keep stirring. Cube up the cream cheese and put half of it in. Melt it down. Shred up the Asiago and Parmesan and toss all those lovely shreds in.
- Stir all the love around, toss in the white pepper, stir some more, add the lemon zest, and you guessed it – stir.
- Add the remainder of the cream cheese, melt it down, and then thin it out with champagne to the right consistency to your taste. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Plate the pasta top with sauce. Shred a little bit of cheese over the top. Serve with Lemon Champagne Chicken (I’ll post the recipe too) and some wheat french bread… and enjoy.